What Is Ford F150 Flex Fuel
Ford F-150 Flex Fuel is a type of F-150 that can run on both gasoline and ethanol. Ethanol is a renewable fuel made from corn or other plant-based materials.
There are a number of benefits to owning an F-150 Flex Fuel, including:
– Reduced emissions: F-150 Flex Fuel produces fewer emissions than gasoline-only F-150s.
– Increased fuel efficiency: Ethanol contains less energy than gasoline, but F-150 Flex Fuel vehicles are more fuel-efficient than gasoline-only F-150s.
– Lower fuel costs: Ethanol is often less expensive than gasoline.
– Increased power: Ethanol has a higher octane rating than gasoline, which can give F-150 Flex Fuels a slight boost in power.
– Reduced fuel range: Ethanol contains less energy than gasoline, so F-150 Flex Fuels have a shorter fuel range than gasoline-only F-150s.
– Increased risk of engine problems: Ethanol can be corrosive to engine parts, so F-150 Flex Fuels are at an increased risk of engine problems.
– Difficulty finding fuel: Ethanol is not as widely available as gasoline, so it can be difficult to find fuel stations that sell ethanol.